[Talk-us] New I.D Feature

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Nov 6 19:33:50 UTC 2014

Without getting all political on people, I do
wish to remind everybody that Arizona is not AZ.
The former is one of the fifty sovereign states
of the union, the latter is a (federal) corporate
entity created by the Buck Act (oh, and
coincidentally, conveniently used as a postal
address by the USPS).  They are NOT the same
thing, and they ARE two different things.  Let's
be careful to use the proper one, which I believe
is Arizona.

For example, I insist that I live in a place
called California.  I absolutely do not live in a
place called CA.  They are two different places,
and one is not the other.  If we are being truly
accurate, these are absolutely not freely
interchangeable.

While I agree that in some circumstances it is
very convenient to use a two-letter abbreviation
for a state, and I do on occasion take advantage
of this convenience, please keep in mind the very
distinct semantics which differentiate these
entities.

SteveA
California