[Talk-us] Can not upload a change set‏

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:45:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Mike Henson <mikehenson at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Last night I was editing Stillwater, OK with JOSM and everything was
> working great. I was uploading change sets with out issue. My wife
> pulled me away from the computer for a while. I came back made some
> edits and tried to upload them. JOSM timed out and locked up while
> trying to upload the change.

I am sure about the editor issues but I have a suggestion for JOSM.  I
wonder if what you are experiencing is garbage collection of the Java JVM.
Sometimes it helps to return to the JOSM session and be patient.  I am
guessing that Java fights to regain some memory to work again.

One of the things that I have done to protect against the interruptions or
other failure issues is timed backups. Menu > Edit > Preferences > Map
looking grid/Map Settings or the third button down. Click on the File
Backup tab. Click on the "Auto save enable" box and enter the seconds
between saves.  I lowered my tolerance to 15 seconds.  The laid on power
strip button several times.  ;-)

Regards,
Greg