[Talk-us] Rand McNally is using OSM

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 02:53:32 UTC 2014

Haven't found the attribution yet, but Hans is right. In my county, I can clearly see that the buildings shown on the RMcN map match ones in OSM, including neighborhoods where I drew some houses but skipped others because the imagery isn't clear enough.

-jack

On November 22, 2014 9:46:08 PM EST, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
>On 11/22/14 9:29 PM, Hans De Kryger wrote:
>> Rand McNally is using OSM in TripMaker. Say what? No way.
>>
>> 1.) http://tripmaker.randmcnally.com/
>> 2.) https://www.mapbox.com/blog/rand-mcnally-uses-mapbox/
>>
>perhaps someone smarter than i am can point out where the
>attribution for OSM contributors is on the Rand McNally site.
>
>richard
>
>--
>rwelty at averillpark.net
>  Averill Park Networking - GIS & IT Consulting
>  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
>  Java - Web Applications - Search

Typos courtesy of fancy auto-spell technology.