[Talk-us] Outreach Program for Women

alyssa wright alyssapwright at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 11:49:05 UTC 2014

Hi all!

I am pleased to announce that we are providing funding for an internship with HOT through the GNOME Outreach Program for Women. This is an incredible organizations with proven success in bringing more women into open source communities.

If you know of any great women (of any age!) that might be interested please forward along details here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2014/

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/OPM_Project_Ideas

We hope this is the first internship of many, and that next round multiple organizations come together to offer scholarships. I encourage you to mentor and welcome these women into the community as you always do!

Kate and I are here to answer any questions.

Best,
Alyssa.

PS This by the way is an example of a contribution to OSM not measured in edits. :)