[Talk-us] Statistics of board candidate edits

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Oct 6 15:47:57 UTC 2014

On 10/6/14 10:04 AM, David Fawcett wrote:
> To respectfully turn your statement around.  I would like to hear from
> all candidates what skills and resources that they would bring to the
> board.  By being an active mapper, a candidate has demonstrated that
> they know the project, and that they are putting resources into it to
> improve the map. But, what will they bring to the board that they
> couldn't just as easily bring to the project as a volunteer?

ok. mapper since 2009.
served as a founding board member for OSM US.
as a board member served as Secretary and later President before
stepping down 2 years ago.

i think i bring an understanding of how OSM US works and what the
important things are on the board agenda, and i intend to apply
energy towards helping move those things forward. for what i think
are the important things, see my earlier post on one of the election
threads.

i also plan to start a movement to elect Martijn president for life.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search