[Talk-us] Vandalism

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:14:11 UTC 2014

In this case I don't mind, the user made only one edit with the purpose of
advertising a business.

 But imaging what the effect would be when you make your first edit in OSM,
and are immediately called vandal. Would you continue editing ? I doubt so.
IMHO The best solution in such a case is first contact the mapper and
friendly point out that he/she made a mistake. That it is simply to correct
this. Suggest how it can be fixed.
Immediately start yelling vandalism and contacting the DWR for such a small
issue is an overkill and turns aways new mappers.

regards