[Talk-us] Dirt Roads (formerly: Abandoned railway)

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 03:27:19 UTC 2014

While people work out how to remove the multitude of tiger ways that don't
actually exist, downgrade others from the incorrect "residential" to
"unclassified" or "track"
depending on imagery or ground survey, and fix the geometry of all unedited
TIGER data, I beleive that it's absolutely essential (from safety and
useability perspectives) to immediately mark all these uncertain ways as
unroutable.

Whether to make them driveways or use access=no , I've no idea.

I think thrse ways can easily be identified by...
1) They are original TIGER data import
2) They have not been edited since import
3) They are "higway=residential"
4) They are unnamed

A bot could do this easily and then it really doesn't matter how long it
takes to find the best solution.