[Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Mon Sep 8 23:00:52 UTC 2014

California has a 25 MPH rule for school zones while Arizona has (or at least had when I lived there) a 15 MPH school zone limit. It seems that 25 MPH in a residential area is pretty standard but I think states have enough discretion in setting limits that they could vary from one state to the next. So I think the source attribution should allow for differences between states for the same class of road. Thus my suggestion for "source:maxspeed=US:CA:residential" for tagging in my area.