[Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Sep 15 08:15:32 UTC 2014

Wait...
65: Highest posted speed limits in Oregon.
75: Highest speed authorized to ODOT for a posted speed limit (so far,
unused, any paved route using a speed limit higher than 65 MPH is
automatically wrong as of this writing)
88: Open desert/dune speed limit (never posted, rarely enforced)
99: Fastest speed allowed anywhere in Oregon without being potentially
charged as a felony (I narrowly avoided a felony doing 117 in the Oregon
Dunes when Oregon State Police by virtue of my sandrail lacking a speedo
and being from out of state, despite having a GPS I was pretty much
ignoring thanks to it waving around everywhere, until it was time to return
it; Don't Go Faster Than This unless you want to have somewhere between a
Bad Time and Prison Time).