[Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:44:01 UTC 2014

> Woot! Woot!  If you are adding a speed limit to a node where a sign is
> located and if you add traffic_sign="maxspeed" along with your maxspeed="25
> mph", then JOSM will show you a cute little sign verses a blue dot.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/147417922

I'm doing this and also adding traffic_sign=maxspeed to make clear that it
is a sign position. There is also an additional style for josm to display
the actual sign with the correct number (currently just for kph limits),
feel free to extend this for mph (eventually with the typical sign you have
over there):
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josmfile?page=Styles/MaxspeedIcons&zip=1  (you
don't have to download it here to use it, you can activate this from inside
josm via preferences, styles)

cheers,
Martin

PS: one remark to "California vehicle code 22352"
This apparently stands for all kind of prima facie limits in California,
IMHO you could also use something more specific like "US:CA:school" where
"US:CA" would be a short form for
"California vehicle code 22352" and "school" one of the cases described in
this code (context). Would also be nice to document these here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:source:maxspeed