[Talk-us] TIGER 2014 update

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Sep 16 19:13:38 UTC 2014

Just out of curiosity, I did a dumb "road name" comparison between TIGER
2013 and TIGER 2014 for the surrounding dozen counties.   I was
surprised to find that my local county had a bunch of new roads added.
So the TIGER data can get a major update for a reason other than the
census workers traversing every street and finding a new street.  None
of the other counties had new roads added though.

   Since the new roads were flagged, I was able to bring them into OSM.
  (All manually checked for connectivity, smoothing, etc).