[Talk-us] NYC building details

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Thu Sep 18 15:22:03 UTC 2014

Colin -

You're essentially describing OpenStreetMap's standards. Of course we don't
have the imagery you used for digitization but we should make at least sure
to stick to tracing footprints, not rooflines. I'll drop the user robgeb
who created the changeset in question a friendly note to make sure he's
seen your message here. He's been a lot of the amazing 3d modelling you can
see in in my last diary post [1] - I'm sure he'll touch many more buildings.

Alex

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/23588