[Talk-us] Merging NYC buildings

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Sep 19 17:24:00 UTC 2014

On 09/19/2014 12:06 PM, Paul Norman wrote:

> The idea of some tag to "lock" objects from normal editing because
> they are "authoritative" has occasionally been proposed, and to
> summarize the discussion, it's extremely unlikely to happen.

agreed.

what i recommend is putting a note in a README tag
explaining briefly that there are good reasons to only
edit the tag if you really, really, really have good data
to support your edit.

this has worked well for me in protecting things where
the underlying image data available to OSM is out of
date.

richard