[Talk-us] Merging NYC buildings

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:12:08 UTC 2014

The thing is, once it's in OSM, it's not NYC's data anymore--it's
everyone's data. So it's no longer "authoritative." Sometimes the crowd
will improve it or add to it, sometimes the crowd will screw it up,
sometimes the crowd will do it differently than you think is best. The
theory (borne out in practice thus far) is that over time the data quality
line keeps trending upwards.

Best,
Brad