[Talk-us] Speed limit sign tagging

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:13:01 UTC 2014

Hans,
I think sign locations would be great! I just entered a ton of speed
limits a couple months back and wish I'd had thought to add them somehow...
The only concern I would have is that the direction they're facing be
indicated. On long roads with few intersections, placing them by one
side (for two-ways) would do the trick. In urban areas it might get more
complicated. Which street does a sign right at an intersection belong
to? I'm not sure how best to deal with that.

I would not want to see signs placed as a point on the line except maybe
on one-ways. How do other types of road signs indicate directionality?
Has this already been effectively resolved? I don't actually think I've
ever seen a sign in OSM around these parts.

Rock on,
Nate