[Talk-us] Speed limit sign tagging

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 04:02:03 UTC 2014

Baltimore County is currently doing a survey grade GPS survey of all of our
traffic engineering signs. We're collecting all kinds of data like type,
MUTCD code, pole type, etc. Another great import in the works :)

On Saturday, September 20, 2014, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Il giorno 20/set/2014, alle ore 03:13, Nate Wessel <bike756 at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> ha scritto:
> >
> > Which street does a sign right at an intersection belong to? I'm not
> sure how best to deal with that.
>

> I've been mapping signs for some years, in the very most cases the
> positions aside the highway are unambiguous, in rare cases close to
> intersections I had to slightly move the sign closer to its highway for the
> avoidance of doubt. When there are different limits on different lanes
> there is a general problem with this approach but fortunately this occurs
> almost never in my context
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Sent from iPhone; kindly excuse tyops.