[Talk-us] Directional relation roles where signs disagree

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Thu Sep 25 06:23:02 UTC 2014

At least ten miles of I-275 near Cincinnati are consistently signed as
north/southbound on guide signs [1] and reassurance markers [2] but
consistently signed as east/westbound on tenth-mile markers [3] and ramp
name signs, as well as in ODOT's straight line diagram [4].

What roles should these ways have in the I-275 route relation? They're
currently "north" and "south" with a note describing the contradiction.
[5] Would it be better to change the roles to "north;east" and
"south;west"? Should we revert to "forward" in weird cases like these?
(It's bad enough that this is Circle Freeway, in which each direction
already refers to disconnected segments in 2-3 different states.)

[1] <http://www.mapillary.com/map/im/ufaXmzVwXv5vWJM_PsDJtw>
     <http://www.mapillary.com/map/im/pcZJlkRsAPG7MRApWOwT_Q>
     <http://www.mapillary.com/map/im/BWbzCJflIUvwV8u8bskaaw>

[2] <http://www.mapillary.com/map/im/nfX2M7XTTeHxSR7PvTVW3g>