[Talk-us] User going around adding '-' to ref tags in Michigan

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 04:11:23 UTC 2014

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, but there is a user going around and adding '-' to all the ref tags he modifies in Michigan.

A good example would be a good chunk of I-75 [1], I-96, M-3, M-10 in Metro Detroit.  But he's done it elsewhere in Michigan.

I sent him a PM earlier mentioning this as a 'FYI' that we don't add the '-' to the ref tags.  Hopefully he'll respond.  Otherwise, this might be a massive cleanup.  Anybody else want to try and get a hold of this user as well?  I have also noticed that in some places where he has 'tweaked' the ref tags, others have done some 'reverting' work already putting them back to the normal standard. [2]

-James

[1] - https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/8767860/history
[2] - https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/17729896/history