[Talk-us] Facts about the world

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sat Apr 4 15:40:46 UTC 2015

Many areas of the western US are sparsely populated. Not only are there few mappers per square mile, there are simply very few people per square mile.

I map were I visit. But in more than a few cases I may only visit and area once. This could lead to the same issue you worry about for imports: There are local mappers to maintain the data I collected and entered. Or even to review and correct errors I may have made.

Should I only map areas that I am likely to return to so that I can be responsible for the maintenance? Seems pretty limiting to me.

So I think the issue of long term data maintenance is a separate issue from that of imports though imported data may spotlight the issue more.

Cheers,
Tod