[Talk-us] Moving historic railroad ways from OSM to OpenHistoricalMap

Hans De Kryger hans.dekryger13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:29:40 UTC 2015

On Apr 2, 2015 7:08 AM, "EthnicFood IsGreat" <ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's apparent to me that consensus will never be reached on whether or
not abandoned railroads belong in OSM (at least the way it is currently
configured), given the strong feelings on both sides of the issue.  That's
why I think moving them to OHM is a good compromise.  I don't like it, but
I would rather do that than see this data lost forever.  At least in OHM,
the data still lives, and can always be moved back to OSM later if a
solution to the problem of historic features can be found.

> Mark

+1