[Talk-us] Am I doing this right? Houses w/ addresses

Steve Friedl steve at unixwiz.net
Sat Apr 11 14:47:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been adding individualized house numbers to many houses in my
neighborhood, and I'm just not sure this is how I'm supposed to do it
because it just looks funky on the map.

One area with 1 or 2-digit house numbers:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/33.68743/-117.66593
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/33.68743/-117.66593&layers=N>
&layers=N

Another area with 5-digit house numbers:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/33.65699/-117.65517
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/33.65699/-117.65517&layers=N>
&layers=N

Having the detailed address information in the database has to be useful,
but this presentation with numbers scattered all over just doesn't look
right, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Is this the way it's supposed to be done?

Steve

---

Stephen J Friedl  | Security Consultant | UNIX Wizard | 714 345-4571

 <mailto:steve at unixwiz.net> steve at unixwiz.net | Southern California |
Windows Guy |  unixwiz.net