[Talk-us] perceptions of OHM and other similar projects

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Apr 17 06:36:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The razed sections of the abandoned railway need not confuse anybody.
>

> Will you allow razed buildings and razed streets as well in OSM ( just
> curious) ?
> What about previous swamps, forest, etc. that are now turned into ... ?
>
> Or are you requesting a exception for railways ?

I thought that was perfectly clear: railways are an exception.
Or maybe you're just trolling.

There's very little else that's like an abandoned railway.
Though if a airelway or pipeline were dug up in parts, I'd have the same
conclusion:
keep the man made linear feature intact until it's completely gone.
-----

Editors can be MUCH smarter about hiding clutter.  I see nothing at all
wrong with hiding by default
razed railroads, boundary relations, and even land use polygons.  Anyone
who needs/wants to edit
those features could turn them on.