[Talk-us] Help with OSM Presentation

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:56:00 UTC 2015

Clifford,

Kudos to you for stepping up to deliver a presentation about OpenStreetMap!

> What is should I absolutely not leave out of the presentation?
The *big problem* that OSM solves. For a Linux audience this shouldn't be
difficult, but I would still state that most other map sources are not
truly "free" - and say a little bit about why that is a problem.

> What do you tell people when they ask you why you map?
Mapping in OSM is a form of free expression (really a broad form of free
speech), just like blogging, editing a Wikipedia article, or creating a
video.  In the past editors a publishers decided what got mapped, now -
with OpenStreetMap - we can decide.

Mike