[Talk-us] Gosh ... something about mapping ...

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Dec 2 09:30:56 UTC 2015

Well ... the definitions are very fuzzy  (this is just so that you are
aware that there is potential for conflict): mopeds* are in general just
low displacement motorcycles, historically with pedals , but that is
typically no longer a legal requirement. For example there are scooters
that fall in this class. Mofas on the other hand, where the class
exists, typically have a requirement for pedals (adding pedelecs in to
the mix just makes things more complicated so leaving that away for now).

Obviously a moped without pedals is fairly dead when the motor isn't
running :-)

Simon

* just to confuse things in Germany it is colloquially quite common to
refer to any motorcycle as "moped" (even my 1300cc beemer)