[Talk-us] Deleting standalone empty nodes?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Dec 8 02:29:22 UTC 2015

On 12/7/2015 8:39 PM, Steve Friedl wrote:
> Most of them are by bots – OSMF Redaction Account, woodpeck_fixbot – and
> they appear to be spurious, but I’m not sure if they are there for a
> reason.
>
> Is there ever any benefit in a standalone node with no tags, especially
> if it doesn’t appear to be in an “interesting” location relative to
> underlying imagery?

   There are 2 common reasons for this:

  1 - an import with a partial failed upload that hasn't been cleaned
up.  Most of the early orphan nodes have been mechanically removed.

   2 - The license change redaction process may have left these nodes
when the attached way was redacted.

   If the standalone nodes are recent, don't delete them for at least 2
weeks in case an approved import is in process and will resume later and
need to use those nodes.   Also be sure they are not contained in a
relation (I'm not sure how clearly all editors show relation membership).