[Talk-us] Deleting standalone empty nodes?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Dec 8 05:03:09 UTC 2015

Steve Friedl writes:
 > I'm mapping mostly in Southern California where I live and hike, and
 > sometimes I run across nodes with no tags, not part of anything, often the
 > owned by some kind of bot.

Chances are very good that they are leftovers from an edit that
someone made who chose not to agree to the new license. Their edits
had to be deleted, but if someone else moved the node, the node was
left in place even though the way had to be deleted.

You can either delete them, or if they correspond to a feature, use
them to create the feature.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog