[Talk-us] Tagging addresses on area's

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Feb 5 16:16:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Brad Neuhauser <brad.neuhauser at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Including a unit number in the house number is incorrect and potentially
> confusing. There are house numbers that have a prefix or suffix as part of
> the house number, that's a different thing. It just depends on how the
> building is addressed.

+1

I'd like to weigh in on rendering of addresses. Currently the housenumber
renders on z17 and above. From an aesthetics view, rendering addresses
clutters up the map. From a practical view, address information can be
helpful, but rendering every unit number doesn't gain much unless it is in
an area such as a mobile home park. All you really need is just the
housenumber to find the building. I'm all in favor of only rendering only
at the highest zoom level and only once for each housenumber, not for every
unit number, especially since the unit number doesn't render.

Rendering unit numbers in a mobile home park or camping site numbers would
aid finding the correct location.

What is really important is collecting and entering the data so routers and
search engines can find the location.

Clifford
--
@osm_seattle