[Talk-us] Routing on Ferries

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jan 1 16:19:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Natfoot <natfoot at gmail.com> wrote:

> When talking to the Scout team this summer it was mentioned as an issue.
> Also Scout wont route across access roads and if there is an access road
> leading up to the dock/portal then no route. you will notice that it is
> listed as primary road in Edmonds and Kingston.

It would appear that the router should use a ferry route. However, a check
of both osrm and mapquest would indicate otherwise. The problem is I don't
know if that is a routing engine problem, i.e. it won't use a ferry route,
or a tagging problem.

The tests were done using http://jsrouting.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

Clifford

--