[Talk-us] Routing on Ferries

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jan 1 18:55:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Natfoot <natfoot at gmail.com> wrote:

> The inherent problem with ferry routes is that they have a schedule.
> Routers can't then tell their users how long it is going to take without
> that data.
>
> As far as I know we don't have schedule capability within OSM and it is
> something that the routers have not pulled not even the big G. The big G is
> listing the route as being "Mon-Sun: 7 AM–11:30 PM · every 60 min"  This
> is a safe comment even though the schedules change seasonally

I agree. However, it would be nice to have it show the route. Somehow we
can route via bus using GTFS. I wonder if ferry routes have a similar spec?

The Scout app doesn't appear to use ferries, although I need to check
options. There may be a flag preset not to use ferries.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us