[Talk-us] Bike route relation issues

Kerry Irons irons54vortex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:27:05 UTC 2015

The key question here, it seems to me, is whether there is any “official” body that claims these sections of I-5 to be a bicycle route.  That might include bike clubs if indeed OSM decides to include “private routes” in the data base.  I am not aware if any group that would suggest I-5 for a bike route in Oregon.  If that is the case then it appears that this is simply someone claiming it to be a bike route by personal fiat.  That opens the door to a discussion had last year about people putting personal opinion into OSM and designating it as a bicycle route.  This seems to me to be a path to chaos but it is up to the OSM community to make that determination.

Kerry Irons