[Talk-us] Should this be a dual carriageway?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Jan 12 04:28:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Zontine, Chris -(p) <chrisz at telenav.com>
wrote:

>  While mapping a FIXME in the US this situation came up: WAY ID 8822153.
> The FIXME implies this WAY (and others) should have a dual carriageway. As
> you can see this is one long stretch of highway=motorway. What is the
> thought on this?

Not clear from a casual glance if there's a median in the middle of the
quadruple lines, but it does look like a super-two.  I'd call it a motorway
and two ways if there's no at-grade intersections except for links plus a
barrier down the center, trunk and two ways if there's at grade
intersections or a single way if it's undivided with limited access (apply
turn restrictions liberally as routing engines will try to make you U-turn
to take the oncoming exit ramp if you miss your exit otherwise, or make an
illegal U-turn if you accidentally turn the wrong direction in this
situation without them).