[Talk-us] Scholarship applications open for State of the Map US!

Eleanor Tutt eleanor.tutt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 21:21:08 UTC 2015

You may have seen that early bird registration to State of the Map US at
the United Nations Headquarters in New York City opened this week:
http://openstreetmap.us/2014/12/early-bird/

Well, today I'm happy to announce that scholarship applications are also
open for anyone needing a little extra help to join us at State of the Map
US: *http://openstreetmap.us/2015/01/scholarships/
<http://openstreetmap.us/2015/01/scholarships/>*

Our goal is to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, community-focused State of
the Map US, and scholarships are one way we're working to accomplish that
goal. We're offering four levels of financial support - a free ticket to
the conference, $500, $1,000, or $1,500 - depending on your self-identified
need and whether you are traveling within the United States or
internationally.

If you’re contributing to the OpenStreetMap community in an interesting way
– whether that’s by organizing meetups, making maps, adding data, writing
code or documentation, or something else – and financial help will make the
difference in whether you can come to State of the Map US, we urge you to
apply! No matter where you live, we welcome your application.

Applications are due March 15, 2015.

*http://openstreetmap.us/2015/01/scholarships/
<http://openstreetmap.us/2015/01/scholarships/>*

I hope to see you in New York City!