[Talk-us] a plea to armchair mappers

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jun 11 14:41:05 UTC 2015

On 6/11/15 10:05 AM, Kam, Kristen wrote:
> We need to make it more easier to load up-to-date imagery to  our OSM editing applications. And I think something easy as publicizing the date of the imagery collection would get folks to do a double take before using older imagery.

i am not persuaded that these armchair mappers are paying attention. unless
there's a big warning "this imagery is X years old" that can't be
ignored, i think
the information will frequently be ignored.

i'd like a tag that we could use that has some editor support, it might
be the
case that  all we need is a pop up dialog when there's a README tag that
says
something like "Read this before committing: <text of README tag>"

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search