[Talk-us] cycle.travel US bike routing, and unreviewed rural TIGER

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun Jun 14 00:47:34 UTC 2015

On 6/13/15 2:38 PM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> I've been finding this a really useful way of locating unreviewed
> TIGER and fixing it... it's actually quite addictive. :) Looking for
> roads which cross rivers, or with long sweeping curves, is an easy way
> of identifying quick wins. My modus operandi is to retag 2+-lane roads
> with painted centrelines as tertiary, smaller paved roads as
> unclassified, and just to take the tiger:reviewed tag off paved
> residential roads. Anything unpaved gets a surface tag and/or
> highway=track.
i mostly like this. my big concern is that part of my personal
approach to tiger review is double checking the names on the
road signs and verifying any highway designations for any
needed correction of the ref tags. on the flip side, tiger review
is taking forever and maybe it's ok if that gets decoupled.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search