[Talk-us] cycle.travel US bike routing, and unreviewed rural TIGER

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Jun 15 03:36:43 UTC 2015

On 6/14/2015 2:24 PM, Harald Kliems wrote:
> Well, you've certainly motivated me to from now on always modify the
> tiger:reviewed tag :-)
> Thanks again for your efforts!

The most important change is probably setting appropriate surface
information. I don't know the exact secret sauce magic of cycle.travel,
but surface information is very important for selecting reasonable
routes on a bike - or indeed, any non-foot method of transportation.

Also, keep in mind, most rural highway=residential from TIGER should be
either highway=unclassified, highway=track, highway=service, or deleted.