[Talk-us] cycle.travel US bike routing, and unreviewed rural TIGER

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 20:46:48 UTC 2015

Richard, I would somewhat caution against penalizing unpaved roads too
much. In many areas of the US they actually make wonderful cycling routes,
whereas the paved alternatives are high traffic and unpleasant to ride on.
Of course, proper smoothness tagging would help but that will be a long way
coming. Until then you could consider a user setting to avoid/not avoid
unpaved roads.
 Harald.