[Talk-us] Proper tagging for crosswalks

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Wed Jun 24 15:38:25 UTC 2015

Those all look fine, in that I wouldn’t change it if I saw it mapped that way.

I would expect any of these should be understood as a crosswalk by data consumers:
  highway=footway,  footway = crossing
  highway=cycleway,  cycleway = crossing
  highway=path,  path = crossing

You could read this (but it’s kind of a mess imo):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:footway%3Dcrossing <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:footway=crossing>