[Talk-us] Proper tagging for crosswalks

Jim McAndrew jim at loc8.us
Tue Jun 23 20:35:09 UTC 2015

Paul, Bryan,

Thanks for your help with this! My issue was with bicycle trails that cross
roads, as they usually put a crosswalk in for these cases, but the route
itself can support other non-motorized vehicles. I think this gives me some
good options that would be acceptable.

1) I could use highway=footway, footway=crossing, bicycle=yes -- which is a
little misleading, but could make sense

2) I could also use highway=path, crossing=yes, bicycle=yes -- this seems
better to me, but I don't know if it's acceptable to use crossing without
"connecting" it to a value

--
Jim