[Talk-us] Communication Working Group Proposal

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Mar 14 23:14:56 UTC 2015

The US Chapter of OSM does not have a Communication Working Group. It like
to see if there is interest in starting up a group to service the interests
of the US Chapter with the goal of increasing the visibility of OSM within
the US. I'd particularly like to hear from people with communication
experience, not necessarily just with OSM.

Having a CWG would also benefit us by helping to grow the mapper community.
The more people hear about OSM, I think the more mappers we will gain. For
example, I try to email via OSM every new editor in our Meetup area. I
don't know how much this has helped, but we now have over 300 members in
our Meetup group. Unfortunately we only reach the segment of the population
that has already found us. We need to reach a wider audience than those
that stumbled on OSM. It is especially hard to reach women and minorities.
That is where the CWG to make more people aware of OSM.

If you are interested and have experience with communications, or just
interested in helping, I'd like to hear from you.

Clifford
--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us