[Talk-us] Moving historic railroad ways from OSM to OpenHistoricalMap

Mark Bradley ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 12:00:06 UTC 2015

Hello list.  I have been communicating with a mapper who says he has been
deleting abandoned railroads (the ones where the infrastructure is totally
removed).  As the premise of OSM is to only map ground-verifiable features
(other than certain boundaries), I didn't want to argue with him, but I
don't want to see this information lost either.  I said I would look into
transferring those ways to OpenHistoricalMap.  Yesterday he sent me a
message, saying he's identified two more abandoned railroads and he's giving
me the opportunity to act on them before they get deleted.  Can I export
these ways from OSM and then import them into OHM?  Or is there a better way
or some other solution?

Mark Bradley