[Talk-us] Making paper maps from a GPX file

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:32:44 UTC 2015

Eric

I have a GPX (and a KML) file of a route that I'd like to make paper maps
> from
> (or at least a PDF) but I haven't been able to find a tool that will do
> that.
> Is anyone aware of a tool that will take a GPX file, grab the necessary OSM
> data and break it into pieces to make a nice atlas from?

If it's a road book type of thing you are after, i.e. many small maps to
follow the track on detailed maps, try Bikemap.net.

The procedure is essentially like this:

   1. open the site
   2. + Create Route
   3. Upload GPX file
   4. Fill in the mandatory fields in the route information
   5. make sure to tick "this is a private route"
   (create an account and login)
   6. save the route
   7. Open the route you just created
   ("your route collection" is hidden behind the tiny down arrow next to
   your user name)
   8. print off-line route guide

Volker

(Padova, Italy)