[Talk-us] Removing a CDP

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Wed May 20 01:33:48 UTC 2015

>On 5/19/15 Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
>they probably shouldn't be in an administrative boundary category anyway,
>as they don't have any sort of local governance function.

Agreed, +1.  I've been similarly locally blurring out (away from
importance or relevance in OSM) and/or diminishing CDP boundaries as
I do listen here.

Many of these are in OSM yet they might be seen as they are,
especially as/when combined with administrative boundary.  In short,
census delineations are not administrative, rather, more like a
statistical approximation.  What that particular census formula
purports to denote might be debated, though that seems tedious.

At a certain point we start to do cartwheels around Monte Carlo
simulations regarding Constitutional questions getting asked.  Let's
check that and continue.

SteveA
California