[Talk-us] Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in, favor of relations

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Nov 19 19:09:23 UTC 2015

As I have been watching this thread, I've been tuning up (in small
part, only fine tuning seems to be needed) highway route relations in
my state thanks to resources found here:
http://184.73.220.107/relationpages

As this host also serves maproulette, I believe it might be Martijn
who administers "relationpages" and so I address these requests to
him or whomever does administer them:

Might we add one more column of "unsigned_ref" next to the "ref"
column?  This would help reduce some confusion re highway relations
in any given state, especially as we can sort columns by clicking on
the arrow in a column header.  Knowing that the "unsigned_ref" tag is
part of a route relation allows certain gaps in other tags (name=*,
ref=*...) to be better understood and entered or corrected as
necessary.  Thank you!

Also, not sure why, but the "gets refreshed every 4 hours based on
latest OMS data" seems to be lagging, at least in the Name (name=*
tag) column.  Might this be fixed so it updates as stated?  Thank you!

SteveA
California