[Talk-us] Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in, favor of relations

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Nov 20 13:26:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>
wrote:

> On 11/19/15 9:33 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
> > <mailto:pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us>> wrote:
> >

> >     thanks.  i wasn't sure if "discussion" was the same as
> >     "announcement", but
> >     i guess it is in this case.  i also didn't realize the relation
> >     work was
> >     so complete -- i was under the impression this was still
> >     preliminary, but
> >     i suppose i misread that.
> >

> >  The relation work was starting to come on line a while a go, but so
> > far there's been no big push to get anyone to consume it, even though
> > it does make dealing with routes much more tidy.  Hence why I proposed
> > we start pushing relations for route by default.
> >
> Paul Norman differs on the completeness of the relation work. i would
> be interested in hearing his list of the issues he thinks needs to be
> addressed.

Agreed.  I've been working on route relations in Oklahoma, and it seems at
least one other user has gone a long way (possibly on a power batch, as
I've been admittedly trying to be a perfectionist as I work) in getting the
relations in here.  If there's regions that could use more help, be it in
the US or otherwise, that would be helpful (and suggest we raise this flag
on tagging again to keep everyone relevant involved).