[Talk-us] Extra wide shoulders / travel lanes in NJ

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Oct 16 19:55:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:24 AM, Mike Dupont <
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> These are used as an extra turning lane for cars, so going around
> corners can be dangerous for cyclists or joggers or walkers who all
> share them.

Is that common practice or is there legal precident?  I mean, people turn
right from straddling the curb between the bike lane and the sidewalk in
metro Portland, but it's certainly not a legal move.  And OHP just loves
giving people tickets for driving on the shoulder when you're about to turn
right in Oklahoma (particularly on SH66/Future USBR66/OKBR66)