[Talk-us] Another road classification disagreement (this time with HFCS in Kansas)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Sep 20 09:18:26 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Minh Nguyen <minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us>
wrote:

> On 2015-09-06 09:49, richiekennedy56 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> As to Mr. Fairhurst’s comment regarding routing, I’ll remind you it is
>> frowned upon to tag for a routing engine.
>>

> There is often confusion about the "don't tag for the x" rule. We must not
> tag *misleadingly* for a *specific* x. We absolutely should consider the
> needs of all x's in existence.

 I'd expand that to "don't tag for the government agency you're looking at"
as well.  Prevailing build standards and what network it belongs to tends
to be a greater (but not exclusive) influence (except for motorway and
trunk, which it's pretty well understood are special cases for exceptional
roads).