[Talk-us] Should driveways be on OSM?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Sep 29 21:30:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com>
wrote:

> In urban areas, it makes no sense to try to map residential driveways

I disagree.  There's  situations where this information is useful for
finding the best way to a property, particularly on narrow blocks where a
residence may have two frontages, one in front, one in rear (or alleyway
situations).  Now, it's not practical in many cases to just map everything
at once (boredom for one) so I tend to map driveways incidentally when I'm
detail mapping a property for other reasons.