[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Old Aerodromes

Wolfgang Zenker wolfgang at lyxys.ka.sub.org
Tue Apr 12 15:21:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

* Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> [160412 16:29]:
> Thanks for the feedback. I understand that the existence of an small airfield can be hard to verify from imagery - [..]

one more thing to check: If the node was imported from GNIS, check the GNIS
website searching for the feature id. In some cases that I have seen the
GNIS entry had moved to "historical" status since the feature had been
imported. If a feature in GNIS has "(historical)" at the end of the name
field it means the feature does no longer exist, so we can delete it in OSM.

Wolfgang