[Talk-us] Mappers in Idaho!

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Aug 9 18:49:24 UTC 2016

I wanted to chime in my great enthusiasm for Greg Morgan helping or leading a good, chunky data effort in OSM like this.  Greg took on the USBR 90 effort in Arizona, hundreds and hundreds of miles of bicycle route, now very well entered in OSM and AASHTO-approved.  It took him weeks, but it would take anybody weeks or months, and he did a fantastic job.

Greg was like a co-pilot, taking his responsibilities very seriously, using Mapillary to super effect, asking excellent questions, taking the small amount of direction required very well and just being all-around a top-notch communicator and team member.  If you have any interest in this Idaho project, notice that below, Greg offers to lead the effort!  So, listen up and throw your shoulder in with him and watch wonderful things happen in OSM with Greg at the helm.  Collaborating with him is like an enjoyable adventure!

Regards,
SteveA
California

> Ha! Ha!  I looked at the data last night because I drove through the
> area on I-15 in early February...well it was near by Teton Idaho.
> Then in May of this year I drove through Wyoming...well it was near by
> Teton Wyoming.  I am familiar with both areas.  I left a Mapillary
> trail in both cases. There are only 11K addresses in the dbf file.  I
> don't know how many foot prints are in the data, yet.  What I thought
> about is that the US community could use the data as an example of how
> to process the data for an import.  There are a number of questions in
> the data and a template can be developed with a project like this. Oh!
> I won't be standing in line.  I will would be happy to lead the
> effort.  I wanted to make sure that no one else had called dibs yet.
(et cetera)