[Talk-us] Check your turn:lanes

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Thu Aug 25 00:20:33 UTC 2016

I’m of half a mind to use a script to find the edits in my area where they changed something like “left|none|none|” to “left||” and then revert them manually.

I know they are both officially acceptable variations but for those of us editing by hand counting the occurrences of “|none” to make sure the lane count is correct and matches what is on the ground is harder than counting the “|” occurrences. At least it is for me and I’ve had decades of practice counting open and close parens to make sure compilers wouldn’t squawk at me because they weren’t balanced.

And while I haven’t seen a “none;slight_right”, it looks syntacticly correct and I can imagine cases where it might be used and would defer to the local mapper who used it. (The ones in my area are much more likely to be “through;slight_right”.)